Last week I felt completely overwhelmed trying to get past the learning curve of my new gig while tending to a bunch of other projects with fast-approaching deadlines. After a fourteen hour workday on Sunday, I was positive I would never get on top anything ever again.
Well, I was wrong.
Come Tuesday, I felt a shift in perspective. Maybe it was the perfect Spring weather or the brainstorming session about a fun new business venture. Maybe it was the combination of a good workout and enough sleep. Or maybe the stars finally aligned? Whatever it was, it led me to the realization that although my workload will always be heavy, it’s work that I love. It’s the kind of work that allows me to be creative and stay at home and listen to reality TV in the background. So yeah. Life is good. Busy, but good.
A few other things making me happy these days:
– A new stack of library books, including one of my all-time faves: Poser: My Life in Twenty-three Yoga Poses.
– Hilarious marathon group texts with Jaymee and Janelle that LITERALLY make me laugh out loud. None of that “LOL” business.
– Daffodils from Trader Joe’s (or anything from TJ’s, really).
– Justina Blakeney’s course on Interior Styling.
– Planning a fun + much-needed weekend getaway up the coast with John.
– Thrifting, thrifting, and more thrifting. Seriously, you guys. I’m in deep.